Vox has been a fun place to explore, create and connect with your friends. But Vox is closing its doors on September 30, 2010.
This doesn't mean you have to say goodbye to your blog. We want you to make sure you can keep the great content you’ve shared on Vox, and continue to have a home for your blog. To help you make the transition off of Vox, we’ve added new export features that make it easy to move your blog to a free TypePad account, and your photos & videos to Flickr.
If you’re an active Vox member we encourage you to read the information below about what's happening during the month of September, and learn more about how you can migrate your content.
What you need to know
- As of September 2, Vox is no longer accepting new user registrations. If you have an existing Vox account you can continue to sign in to manage your account and view posts from your neighborhood.
- On Wednesday September 15th, you will no longer be able to create new posts on Vox or upload new photos or videos. You will still be able to sign in to view your blog and manage your account.
- On Thursday September 30th, your blog will no longer be available at Vox.com, and you will no longer be able to sign in to Vox.
Moving your blog, photos and videos from Vox
To help you make the transition off of Vox, we've made it easy for you to move your blog to TypePad and your photos and your videos to Flickr.
- You can move your blog to TypePad, for free. We've developed a simple process to help you move your blog to TypePad. If you don't have a TypePad account, we'll step you through the process of creating one, help you create a free TypePad blog, and automatically import your Vox posts and photos into your new blog. Learn how to move your Vox blog to TypePad or go ahead and sign into Vox to get started now.
- You can export your photos and videos to Flickr. If you used Vox primarily for sharing photos and videos, you may want to export those to Yahoo's popular photo sharing service Flickr. We've developed a simple process that will automatically move your photos and videos to Flickr, while maintaining your privacy settings on your photos. Learn how to export your Vox photos and videos to Flickr, or sign in to Vox to get started now.
In addition to the tools that we have built to help move content to TypePad and Flickr, there are other services that support migrating your blog from Vox.
- The Wordpress.com and Posterous blogging services provide tools to help you import your Vox blog. Learn more.
- The Grou.ps community service has also developed an importer for Vox; learn more.
- Feedfabrik, an online service that helps you transform your blog into a well-formatted book has added support for Vox. Learn more.
Finally, we've released the underlying code behind our TypePad importer and the Vox to Flickr exporter under an open source license, and it is available at Github.
Thank you for your love and support of Vox over the years.
- Team Vox